Free chat widget @ ShoutMix

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

LIFE: "Merisik" Traditional Malay Custom

Monday, November 19, 2007

Man + Ring + Woman = Lost of Freedom

What a man got to do, what a man got to do..Sunday, 18th November, marks a beautiful day for MY SISTER, NOT ME, but HER...People always mistaken for ME getting MARRIED.. WHY??..GOD Help ME!! I'm NOT ready YET.. AyOo~ Money not enuf wat..Anywhoo~Back to the topic..The day was kinda dull though.. It was raining all the way from Bandar to Seria.. Luckily for me, I arrived on time on that day...Well, as I arrived, my aunts and uncs are already there, COOKING some FOOD..Unlucky for me, they asked me to go to the SHOP to buy the BABA'S KARI DAGING after a few minutes I step my foot in the kitchen.. WARGH~ Its okay, its gonna be ALRIGHT~ (DST Advert)...

Bought the curry and went straight back home.. Man~ that was a rush.. Thought it was over then, but an hour later, I was asked again to buy some stuff from Supasave.. Ayo~so many time driving around leh.. Anywhoo~ I drove to Supasave and bought two DEAD and COOKED chickedess and went straight back home..AGAIN..Hehe..Well..No more going out..Later on not enuf parking how am I going to parked.. AyOo~..Now, its time for me to SURVEY the kitchen..Wuhuu~ Foooddd... I've found out:


BREAKFAST




Kelupis, Varieties of cakes, Curry Puff, Popias and Hot Tea


LUNCH



Pandan Rice, Curry Chicken, Ulam-ulaman (Good for Old Peeps),
Supasave Hit & Run Chicken


NOTE: Ayo, got breakfast and lunch again.. So special..

Anywhoo..Earlier, we were informed by MY SISTER that they would be coming around 9.00am..NOT~ As 20 minutes to 11am, the family from the groom's side FINALLY arrived after waiting for hours..But its okay, at least it gives us time to prepare our food and drinks..Wuhuu~So, back to the story, they came just in one car..At first, of course, I was searching for the 'ONE' that will be my brother in-law..But there's no sight of him anywhere...Well.. It doesn't matter..we warmly greeted them and ushered them into the house...Two peeps were seen bringing the "Pembuka Mulut" and "Cincin Pertunangan"..As they sat down in the living room, as usual, old peep starts the talking on what is their purpose..blah..blah..blah.. not very sure what they are really talking about though.. So, when they finished the talking, one of the peeps, go down to the car. At first, i thought he was taking something..But to my surprise,WooO~ he was bringing my brother in law in the house.. FYI, I'm not very familiar with the Malay tradition.. I'm chinese plus muslim for god sake.. Anywhoo... there're still time to learn..





As he sat down in the living room, people were surprise looking at him..Old peeps start to talk again..blah blah blah.. and now its time for the groom to slide in the ring into my sister's finger..Took a picture of that, and thank god all of it was done without any problem.. Hehe.. After that, we start serving the food on the table, including the drinks of course.. People start getting to know each other..Talk here and there as if they've known for quite some time already...




Before they were leaving, my sister had bought some gifts for his soon-to-be husband..she gave him a Sattini belt + wallet + watch in return from the groom's gift...Wuhuu~ Now, its our turn to eat more... Hehehe..



P/S: I can't eat the food because I've to go to work..The engagement was all in a sudden.. Its okay..At least I've learnt something new..Hehe.. FYI, my future brother in law in more way older than my sister, which is about 20 years plus older.. How lucky of him.. Macam Siti Nurhaliza ngan Datuk K lah BEB.. Caya Lue..as an old saying, "Love is Blind, But Marriage Opens The Eyes"..Wuhuu~

0 comments: